As usual, my updates are late and also far and few in between. As a result, all kinds of great stories about gigs, recordings and trips never make it to the blog… Too bad but water under the bridge. I’ll try to mention a few cool stories and experiences from the past months, but first, the regular dates plus one-offs through, say, April or May, by which time I certainly hope to have updated the blog again… So:
- Wednesday evenings at The Earle, solo guitar, 7-9PM.
- Thursday evenings, at Mercy’s, solo guitar, 7-9PM.
- One or two Fridays a month at the Polo Fields CC, solo guitar, see below upcoming dates.
- Several dates per month with my bar band Freelance, see below upcoming dates.
The restaurant at Polo Fields on the west side of Ann Arbor: Mostly Fridays, 5:30-8:30PM:
- January 20
- February 10
- February 24
- March 17 (Saturday!)
- March 30
- April 20
- May 18
- Friday, January 20, Darrel’s in Jackson, 9PM-1AM.
- Saturday, January 21, Lakepointe Yacht Club,Livoinia, 9PM-1AM.
- Saturday, February 4, Lakepointe Yacht Club, Livonia, 9PM-1AM.
- Friday, February 10, Darrel’s in Jackson, 9PM-1AM.
- Saturday, February 11, TC Gators, Canton, 9PM-1AM.
- Saturday, March 3, Lakepointe Yacht Club, Livonia, 9PM-1AM.
- Friday, March 9, Darrel’s in Jackson, 9PM-1AM.
- Friday, March 23, Hard Knock Cafe, in Jackson, 9PM-1AM.
- Saturday, March 31, TC Gators, Canton, 9PM-1AM.
- Saturday, April 21, Zukey Lake Tavern, Pinckney, 9PM-1AM
- Saturday, April 28, Lakepointe Yacht Club, 9PM-1AM.
- Saturday, May 19, Hard Knock Cafe, in Jackson, 9PM-1AM.
- Friday, June 22, Hard Knock Cafe, in Jackson, 9PM-1AM.
- Saturday, January 7, wedding ceremony and reception at the Michigan League, Ann Arbor, 4-9PM, with Jordan Schug on bass.
- Saturday, January 14, with the Dave Sharp Trio at La Vita Bistro in Pinckney.
- Thursday, January 26, with the Gwyneth Hayes Trio with Rob Avsharian on Drums. Vinology in Ann Arbor, 9PM-12AM.
- Thursday, February 2, duo with Jordan Schug on bass, event for the Program in Biomedical Sciences at the Mezzanine level lobby, Hill Auditorium. 9-10PM.
- Friday, February 3, with the Gwyneth Hayes Trio with Rob Avsharian on Drums. Banfield's Bar & Grill, Ann Arbor (East), 9PM-1AM.
- Sunday, February 12, solo guitar concert at the Rochester Hills Public Library, 2-3:30PM. For more info - http://lookupdetroit.com/blog/2012/01/26/guitarist-jake-reichbart-to-perform-at-the-rochester-hills-public-library/
- Thursday, February 16, with the Miles Brown Trio, Vinology in Ann Arbor, 9PM-12AM.
- Sunday, February 19, the Jake Reichbart Trio with Jordan Schug and George Bennett at the Common Grill in Chelsea, 12-3PM.
- Thursday, February 23, jQube will perform it's first live "general rehearsal" gig at The Elks in Ann Arbor, 7-11PM, PLEASE COME OUT!
- Saturday, February 25 – and this is a big deal! – jQube is coming back to life with new members Jordan Schug and Rob Avsharian. Original Jazz/Rock/Funk fusion. Tap Room Ypsilanti, 9PM-1AM.
- Monday, February 27, with the Gwyneth Hayes Trio with Rob Avsharian on Drums. UDetroit webcast! Tune in at http://www.udetroit.com/home.php. 8PM.
- Saturday, March 3, 4:30PM-7PM, wedding ceremony and cocktails, solo guitar, Cobblestone Farm, Ann Arbor.
- Tuesday, March 6 playing with the house band for the jazz jam session led by Jeff Shoup at Stober's in Lansing, MI. http://www.facebook.com/JazzTuesdaysAtStobers
- Friday, March 9, 3-4PM, solo guitar at The Sanctuary At St. Joseph's Village, email me for details.
- Satruday, March 10, with the Gwyneth Hayes Trio with Rob Avsharian on Drums. Tap Room Ypsilanti, 9PM-1AM.
- Sunday, March 18, gig with the Chayim Rubin Orchestra of Toronto, Novi Sheraton, 4-8PM.
- Thursday, March 22, The Jake Reichbart Trio with Jordan Schug and Mike Jellick, Vinology in Ann Arbor, 9PM-12AM.
- Saturday, March 24, with the Gwyneth Hayes Trio with Rob Avsharian on Drums. Banfield's Bar & Grill, Ann Arbor (East), 9PM-1AM.
- Sunday, March 25, gig with the Avy Schreiber Orchestra, details TBA.
- Sunday, April 15, with the Temple Israel Orchestra performing cantor Neil Michaels’ show “The Music in Me”. There will be six rehearsals in preceding weeks. The band will include Dan Maslanka on drums and Larry Prentis on bass, a three piece horn section and two keyboards. Afternoon concert at Temple Israel, contact Temple for tickets.
- Thursday, April 19, with the Gwyneth Hayes Trio with Rob Avsharian on Drums. Vinology in Ann Arbor, 9PM-12AM.
- Thursday, April 26, 6:30-8:30, Sandhill Crane Vineyards, Jackson MI, Thirsty Thursdays music series, more details here: http://www.sandhillcranevineyards.com/
- Saturday, May 5, 3:30PM-6:30PM, wedding ceremony and cocktails, solo guitar, Metro Beach Park, Harrison TWP.
- Thursday, May 10, with the Avy Schreiber orchestra, details TBD.
- Saturday, May 12, 9PM-1AM, the Jake Reichbart trio at the Ottawa Tavern, the new jazz club in Grand Rapids! With Fred Knapp on drums and David Rosin on bass.
- Wednesday, May 16, with the Gwyneth Hayes Trio with Rob Avsharian on Drums at the Southfield Public Library, 6-8PM.
- Saturday, May 26, 4-6PM, wedding ceremony and cocktails, solo guitar, Michigan League, Ann Arbor.
- Sunday, May 27, 6:30-7:30PM, wedding ceremony and cocktails, solo guitar, Townsend Hotel, Birmingham.
For gigs starting in May-June, I’ll try my best to make a new update in a timely manner…
- I recently finished recording a CD with bassist Jon Liebman for his Hal Leonard book "Bass Aerobics" which is now available! Buy directly from John at http://www.forbassplayersonly.com. All recordings took place at my studio using my Ibanez Prestige into my Marshall AVT 100.
- I have a mountain of new videos at my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jreichbart, please subscribe if you haven’t yet.
- I have now 52 (!) instructional DVDs to go with my various solo guitar performances on YouTube, email me for a complete list. AND two new DVD lessons have been commissioned for my solo guitar performances of “Badge” by Cream and “Comfortably Numb” by Pink Floyd. These should be ready by the third week of January.
- Two new Jake Reichbart solo jazz guitar DVDs are also in production right now for Hal Leonard! One, of jazz standards, is nearly complete, the second, of Christmas tunes, is about half done. Both will include ten songs with video lessons and TABS and are scheduled to be released later this year.
- I also have a series of lessons at Hal Leonard for streaming, some of the individual song lessons from the above Hal Leonard DVDs are already available to download, click here: http://www.guitarinstructor.com/product/viewinstructor.do?biographyid=861 to see all the lessons that are available for download.
- Of course my Hal Leonard DVD “Pop hits for solo jazz guitar” is available everywhere online, often well below list price. Just copy the DVD title into your search bar and find it at your favorite retailer.
- Although we just passed Christmas, I must mention a mini album recording I did with a wonderful young vocalist by the name of Bradley McNett, six Christmas tunes at the cost of $5…! To sample and purchase, visit here: http://brad-jake.bandcamp.com.
- I am working right now on a YouTube collaboration video with musicians throughout Europe, a cover of "I Don't Want To Go Home" by the Alan Parsons Project, I will post a link just as soon as available.
Two European trips are now in active discussions! If they take place, the first will be to the Paris-Nancy area, April 2 - April 12. During this time I hope to gig or record with guitarist Sylvain Courtney, do a clinic at MAI in Nancy and record a CD with Slikk Tim. The second trip will, hopefully, take place late October – mid November and will include solo guitar gigs as will as fronting a jazz group for concerts throughout the UK, possibly Amsterdam as well. Lots of details to be figured out here…
A small handful of recent highlights:
A great New Year’s Eve gig took place at Mercy’s Restaurant, a duo with Shannon Wade on bass. Shannon also filled in with my trio at the Common Grill on December 18 and did a fabulous job!
On Wednesday, December 21, I performed with the great vocalist, Janice Franco, at the UDetroit Café, live broadcast, good times!
Also on the 18th, later in the evening, I played with Gwyneth Hayes at the Old Town in Ann Arbor for the first time. What a treat it was! Hole to do it again…
In recent weeks I had the pleasure to gig, record or jam with many musicians I have not met before as well as ones I have not worked with in a while. It’s been a great pleasure and I will do my best to play with them again asap. In no particular order: Tim Haldeman, Dan Picolo, Dave Sharp, Paul Finkbeiner, Ralph Tope, Duncan McMillan, Takashi Iio, Mike Jellick, Sébastien Levanneur, Brandon Cooper, Stefan Kukurugya, Miles Brown, Noah Jackson, Jessie Kramer, Phil Hale, Sam Weber, Damon Warmack, Doug Horn, Tony Viviano, Kurt Krahnke, Paul Keller, Sarah Barnes D'Angelo, Meri Slaven, Bob Mervak, Kris Kurzawa, Mary Seelhorst, Erin Zurbukchen, Eric Nyhuis, Myron Grant, Rob Gamblin, Steve McNanny, Doug Bacckus, Scott Gwinell, Kelly Broadway, Janice Franco, Jordan Schug, Chris Codish, Jim Simonson, Neil Donato, Pete Kahn, Mark Kieme, Avy Schreiber, Rob Avsharian, George Bennett, Shannon Wade, Ben Jansson, Bradley McNett, Greg Koltyk, Timothy Gay, Dennis Sheridan, Jon Liebman… And I’m sure I left out many fine musicians who were at Damon’s famous birthday party!
OK, once again I have to draw the line here on postings going back, I just have to try to post more frequently… Please drop me a line with questions or whatever. Jake