Friday, September 23, 2011


Good intentions and all but as you can clearly see, I have neglected to make any new posts in a while. Perhaps a more realistic approach would be to aim for an update every two or three months instead of two or three weeks…? I have all kinds of cool stories and experiences from the past months, which I will try to post further below but first, the regular dates:

Wednesday evenings at The Earle, solo guitar, 7-9PM.
Thursday evenings, at Mercy’s, solo guitar, 7-9PM.
One Friday a month at the Polo Fields CC, solo guitar, see below upcoming dates.
Several dates per month with my bar band Freelance, see below upcoming dates

The restaurant at Polo Fields on the west side of Ann Arbor: 

All Fridays, 6-9PM: October 7, November 25, December 16.

Freelance: 

Friday, September 23, Lakepointe Yacht Club, 9PM-1AM. 
Saturday, October 15, Hard Knock Café in Jackson, 9PM-1AM. 
Friday, November 4, Lakepointe Yacht Club, 9PM-1AM. 
Saturday, November 19, Hard Knock Café in Jackson, 9PM-1AM. 
Saturday, December 9 Hard Knock Café in Jackson, 9PM-1AM.

I also have a considerable number of “One Off” dates of all types, public and private, coming up. Here is a sampling, keeping in mind that gigs get added all the time:

Solo guitar: 

Saturday September 24, wedding ceremony at the Lafayette Grande in Pontiac, 4-6PM. 
Friday, September 30, corporate event at company HQ, 5:30-8:30PM. 
Saturday October 1, wedding ceremony at Gene Davis hall in Jackson. 
Saturday, October 8, wedding ceremony at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens, 5-8PM. 
Saturday, October 15, wedding ceremony again at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens, 4:30-7PM. 
I’ll stop here, by late October I really ought to make an updated post...

There are a good number of group dates as well, I’ll make an effort to post any highlights as they come up. However, I must mention two special dates with the Jake Reichbart Trio in France:

Saturday, November 19th. At the beautiful bar-cabaret "La Rhue" at Jumilhac-Le-Grand.
Friday , November 25th at "Le Cercle ",  in the historic downtown of Périgueux. 
All European fans are invited!

Other activities:

I just finished recording a CD with bassist Jon Liebman for his upcoming funk recording for Hal Leonard which will be available very soon. All recordings took place at my studio using my Ibanez Prestige into my Marshall AVT 100.

I have a mountain of new videos at my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jreichbart, please subscribe if you haven’t yet. Here are some recent ones:


I have now 52 (!) instructional DVDs to go with my various solo guitar performances on YouTube, email me for a complete list.

I also have a series of lessons at Hal Leonard for streaming, click here: http://www.guitarinstructor.com/product/viewinstructor.do?biographyid=861 to see all the lessons that are available for download.

Of course my Hal Leonard DVD “Pop hits for solo jazz guitar” is available everywhere online, often well below list price. Just copy the DVD title into your search bar and find it at your favorite retailer.

I am rehearsing with bassist/vocalist Gwenyth Hayes for a soul trio setting. We may have our first gig on October 2 at the Elks in Ann Arbor, I’ll confirm if it materializes.

What else? A handful of recent past highlights:

It was great to jam just last night at Vinology with Nicole New (vocal), Shannon Wade (bass) and Gary Schunk (keys). Looking forward to doing it again!

On September 14 I performed a gig for Legal Services of SE Michigan at the house of the president of Eastern Michigan University. My third year doing this event, what a house, what a treat!

Speaking of treats, I performed on September 10 at the American-Polish Cultural Center with the very talented multi instrumentalist David Mosher. Guitar, mandolin, fiddle, voice and great on all!

I led a band for an event on September 4 at the Ann Arbor City Club with Cliff Monear, Jordan Schug, Greg Koltyk and George Bennett. Everybody played their ass off!

OK, once again I have to draw the line here on postings going back, I just have to try to post more frequently… Please drop me a line with questions or whatever. 

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment